YC-games forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

First play, comments, suggestions and comments.

2 participants

First play, comments, suggestions and comments. Empty First play, comments, suggestions and comments.

Message  Toshach Jeu 24 Sep - 5:20

First, thank you for your interest and wellcome here!
Second, try to post in the French section (https://ycgames.forumactif.com/heroes-of-normandie-f4/)
The Game is played between two friends, so please no arguing ... Anyway, always favor the shots ... So if there is a disagreeable, the shooting unit is right ...
No dot in the center, it is not elegant.
You're right, use the shrubbery (whatever it means) s. ... The blocking part is from the grove ...
We used "Over" Frontiers in the rules and nobody complained, so we'll keep it. Becous it does not mean "suppressed", "Demoralized," or "Take Cover".
We have chosen "hollywood" point of view for our game, so casualties Suffered units who are angry, not shaked up ...
"" Does this also apply to units that did not receive an Order marker, but moved during the Reserve Phase? "No, units with an" Over "pawn do not move during the reserve phase ... So, no" Over "pawn for units who move during this phase ...
Fire Suppression: available only for the units with Rapid fire (machine gun, HMG, BAR riffle ...). Useful to prepare an assault or to lower the movement of a unit (-2 to the pawn movement per over).
After feedback on the demo, we've changed the rules Assault.
  - Every unit under 2 Klicks from an assaulted unit can shot the attacking unit year using the rules. They can not do it if they are allready activated (with an order). After the shoot, place an Over pawns.

For the card's name, we'll see what is the best (we did not translate the cards, a guy (canadian or american, i do not remember to, anyway, to thank him) did the translation. You noticed that my French is ... Mmmm ... let's say "not so bad but ..."
But "Double Time" seems good to me.

"Gameplay Rule Number 1: Never, I repeat never let your guys get caught in the open while in the line-of-sight of an MG-42." Hahaha .... Yes, you're right!

Thank you again and keep an eye on the forum, Sherman, Panzer IV and other stuff will be upload soon on yc-games.com
clem

Thanks for writing back Clem. Your French is good. Sorry that I posted in the wrong forum. Now I know why no one was writing back. : Lol:

Regarding semi-automatic rifles, I still wonder how the advantage they offer over a bolt action rifle could be replicated in The Game. At the scale of The Game, I think it would be apparent. A team of semi-automatic armed soldiers would have a rate-of-fire of close to twice that of the same number of guys with bolt action rifles. Now I do not think that this would necessarily result in twice as many casualties, but it should have added some affect, I think.

This quote from Wikipedia:

The M1's semiautomatic operation gave United States forces a significant advantage in firepower and shot-to-shot recovery time over individual enemy infantrymen in battle (German, Italian, and Japanese soldiers were usually armed with bolt-action rifles). [18] General George S. Patton called it "the greatest battle of Implementation ever devised." [19]

That's my last shot on the subject. Wink

I'm looking forward to the new stuff.

Merci-beaucoup
Toshach
Toshach
Toshach

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

First play, comments, suggestions and comments. Empty Re: First play, comments, suggestions and comments.

Message  clem Jeu 24 Sep - 10:41

That's right, the M1 was a really good riffle, better than the german's. But the Wermacht's soldiers were veterans, fully motivated and better warriors. So for a question of balance and silmplicity we have decided not to take it into account.
This is a subjective and unrealistic gameplay's choice, I know, and you'll find some others (no third MG for the sherman and the Panzer IV for exemple). Keep notice them and let's talk about it.It's interesting and we're not right all the time.
And thank you for my french Wink

clem
Admin

First play, comments, suggestions and comments. Empty Re: First play, comments, suggestions and comments.

Message  Toshach Ven 25 Sep - 6:14

That's right, the M1 was a really good riffle, better than the German's. But the Wehrmacht's soldiers were veterans, fully motivated and better warriors.

I agree that in 1944 the best German units were at least equal to, and in some cases better than their counterparts alied. But I was not only Considering Americans with semi-automatic rifles. I was also wondering how one might represent an element of German infantry armed with G-43s. How might they be different from the K-98 armed element?

How about a card? One card in the American deck could be called "Fire Superiority" and allow one of the American player's "no rapid-fire" units to use suppressing fire against a single target, with the card being discarded after use. (In a future module the Germans might get a similar card to use with a G-43 armed element.) I actually like this idea better than my original suggestion.

But your point regarding balance and simplicity is the best one. The Game system works great and it still feels very realistic.

Okay, now to business. The Demo's pdf art is larger than the standard 8.5x11 "sheet-size American. Selecting the" Shrink to fit "option does the trick. So it's not a big deal. But I thought you should know.

Planning more play this weekend. I'll report back.

luego amigo. (let's see what the translator does with that)Wink
Toshach
Toshach

Message  clem Ven 25 Sep - 10:04

Your card idea is a good one ! Thank you.
"Fire Superiority" : (Only for US infantry) If you hit an infantry unit without eliminate it, place an "Over" Pawn on it for free.
(need to be better writen)
I'm sorry, No abla espanol... And i don't think "Then friend" or "Puis amis" is a proper translation Wink

clem
Admin

Message  Toshach Sam 26 Sep - 6:54

Hi Clem -

Your card idea is a good one! Thank you.

Hey that's great! I'm glad you like it. I think it could work. As I learn more about the system, the more I will be able to contribute.

There's a gaming store near me. They are more into Warhammer and Flames of War, but I'm going to bring the demo there tomorrow and see if I can get in a couple of games and generate some interest. I'll let you know.

Toshach
Toshach
Toshach

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé